Cue the Hallelujah Chorus, people! Dave's out sick so BOTH of my rather pointless meetings are cancelled today!

I'm feeling random & sleepy, so this might be a *bit* diffuse...

There is something just so pastoral and pleasing about making coffee. Granted, here at work, the machine does it all for you, but seeing it created is just...nice :-)

So anyway, my weekend:

Friday was a totally wasted day at work; Dave's been out since Tuesday and I'm nursing our server along, looking for bugs popping-up in our log file and logging them as Problem Tracking Reports (PTRs). It's about as fun as watching paint dry, but if this release is to have any hope of success, we'd better trace-down every bug we can find BEFORE our users get to do that for us.

Anyway, Friday night was lovely; Whitney came down and we watched one of my favorite movies of all time: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon



If you haven't seen this one, rent the DVD and go for it. It's in Mandarin Chinese (w/subtitles) and it's a tragedy, so steel yourself. However, it's powerful, evocative, and deep, like a Shakespearean tragedy about lost love and duty, with amazing fight scenes thrown into the mix.

Saturday was quiet, except for Squeeze and I having a wonderful meal at Outback and me getting my Powerbook. It's just SO cool....

Had a nice dinner out with Dad @ the Family Diner in Jackson (Pork Tenderloin for both of us)

Sunday was glorious: A bearable service at the family church (only 2 1/2 hours), followed by a wonderful meal at Arch's new....um...."modular home". Afterwards, Dad and I finished what we'd started the previous summer, watching Open Range. It's a simple movie, but fun, and Dad loves westerns.

Got lost somewhere between Winchester and Georgetown on the trip back, trying to take the shortcut that I never can find when going North....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder