Why do women hate Hamburger Helper?

God knows the box is friendly enough:



It's a quick easy way to add protein, carbs, and nummy sodium to your daily intake of cold slop, vending machine slop, and coffee.

Why, then, do women hate it? Hate it so much that they will starve before consuming it....?

Mysteries of life...

* * *

Today was pretty darn productive, but I'm beside myself about tomorrow. I went to Phil's Rally School, which consisted of a class held around the kitchen table of his split-level off Harrodsburg Road. Rallying is like the older, more genteel side of Sports Car Club of America, predating most of the amateur events we do (specifically, autocross or "Solo II" as it's sometimes known).

Unlike the violence, squealing tires, sizzling brakes, and adrenaline of autocross, RoadRally is held, well, on a regular road, and you have to follow a set course at a set speed, entering/exiting various checkpoints. The one who crosses the last checkpoint with the fewest number of time penalties usually wins (some gimmick rallies have diff't rules, but I'll leave them off here.)

RoadRally is in decline. In some local clubs (like Louisville and Cincinnati) it doesn't even exist, at least as far as the Autocross heads are concerned, and that's really a pity. RoadRally is car clubbing at its purest: Enjoying your machine outside on a spring, summer, or fall day, in friendly (yet not life threatening) competition against your fellow auto enthusiasts, ending-up with a hearty meal and war-stories of your 50 to 100 mile trek through the boonies, getting lost, catching-up. My stories usually involve an argument or two with Robin, my navigator. :-)

Anyway, so that consumed most of the morning into the early afternoon, after which I went and bought a 5-gallon compressed air tank @ Sears:



That way, I can add and remove air during my autocross runs while in-grid. Couldn't really do that last year :)

Got my snowtires changed-out for my extra set of Continental tires today, and man is the car riding SMOOTH! Not glassy (no MINI is, nor should it be), but it definitely is a quieter, better handling ride. When this set wears out (in...er....40k miles, I hope), I'll get a set of true summer tires in 195/50R15. >>salivating<<

Also, in my consumerist tear, I bout a new pair of New Balance 608 shoes, size 10 1/2 4E (yeah, I have hobbit feat, as Whitney would say...)

* * *

So yeah, the first autocross of the season in Cincy is tomorrow, but A) it's gonna be coolish weather. B) I have work to do :(

>>sigh<< I am itching to try-out those Victoracers, though....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly