Amazing how a small change is one routine machine can galvanize an office. Take, for instance, a coffee machine. What could be more pedestrian than a coffee machine? Well, to my amazement, a new Cuisinart coffee grinder + coffee machine has occupied our floor for most of the morning:

Here's a pic of what we got:



12 cup, glass carafe, grinder + permanent flter brewer.

Plus, we got some quality coffee beans and we've been enjoying all day.

* * *

On a personal note, I got a new 3/4 lb bag of Sumatran beans from Coffee Express in Georgetown, plus a 16oz ToGo mug of Kenyan pure (God, I sound like a Cocaine addict...."Columbian Pure man....one kilo!"). I'll enjoy having a full thermos of that come tomorrow.

* * *

It may just be the coffee talking, but I'm insanely happy today. I'm working like a dog, but I feel confident in the work and the results I'm seeing, and I'm really inside our sourcecode rooting around finding and fixing problems. I've been doing the strict TODO list thing: Write down what you intend to do and check-off each thing as you do it, never allowing one TODO to carry-over to the next day. That brings with it a good sense of accomplishment, something I've been sorely lacking in the last few months.

Also, India has been (largely) taking care of itself for the past week, and I haven't had any field issues to deal with, which allows me to work on my own stuff. Also, Dave's given me a task to oversee and I'm trying to do a good job of shepherding it through....


* * *

And SCCA season's about to start! Many regions around us are having their first 'Cobweb shaker' autocrosses this Sunday, and our region is hosting a RoadRally school. It's not as balls-out fun as Autocross, but it's just as intense, and it's a team event.

* * *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder