So, if Satan wrote the sermon on the mount....

How to glorify the self and acquire power...

The 48 Laws of Power

Though ugly, it's good to read these in a Defence Against the Dark Arts fashion, just to know when they're in use against you.

I will absolutely agree with Law 39, having been on the wrong end of it so many times. I allow myself to get so worked-up and emotional, ceding control to my opposition.

As for the rest...IMHO, most make me want to vomit, and they're quite possibly a one way ticket to Hell. Practices such as these are lifehacks against the fabric of society--using base human frailty to one's advantage. Demagogues, Caesars, and Courtiers may practice them, but their power is only for a season. The true way is one of authenticity, truth, virtue, altruism, and love.

The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Aside from self-control, I see none of those here.

But then, I'm a boy scout with no zest for glory at others' expense. Machiavelli would spit upon me. So be it. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

Rant