Pain, no sunburn, and other musings....

After rising with the sun both days this weekend and working outside both 95-degree days, Monday finds me exhausted. Case in point: I staggered into work, broke out our fresh-roasted coffee beans and made coffee. Only problem is, I put the RAW BEANS into the coffee filter. Thankfully, I realized this before turning the machine on.

This weekend's theme was exceeding expectations. I expected to have a light day of packing on Saturday. Instead, my whole apartment is packed and cleaned, and 75% of it is already moved to my new house.

Sunday, I started the day at 5am in Louisville where I'd gone to retrieve my MINI, drove to Georgetown to get my AutoX gear, then made it to the site by 7:30 to help Scott go get the sponsor cars from Paul Miller.

Quick aside: Ford and Mazda are completely brain dead. I drove a "Saleen" Focus over to the site, and I drove an 05 RX-8 back. Bother were completely gutless, hard to see out of, and had brittle suspensions. Quality starts with a good platform, a robust drivetrain + suspension, and the ability to CARRY ACTUAL PEOPLE. Honda gets this right. BMW gets this right (even in the MINI). Ford + Mazda dropped the ball on both these, IMHO.

Anyway, the autocross. Six runs on grippy asphalt with two slaloms, a wide turnabout, a very tight middle section and a broad sweeper into the finish. I was consistent all day in the 38.xxx second range, but I almost got nipped in the end, as Scott finished with a 38.09x to my 38.055. I won the day by 4 hundreths of a second :-). Also, I got to try my hand at announcing, and got rave reviews all around; I was tentative at first, but my love of the sport and knowledge of the backstories to most of the cars competing made it easy to do play-by-play and some color commentary.

Random: Did I mention i hurt all over?

Random 2: Why is it the word "proper" always looks like it's misspelled to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder